My today’s recipe is very quick and easy Chicken recipe. Sometimes I feel like not using ginger or garlic in my chicken dish and keep it simple. I had few tomatoes in my refrigerator. Those were very pulpy and juicy. So, I decided to prepare a chicken recipe with those pulpy tomatoes. I used very simple ingredients to prepare the masala and used only one big onion. It turned out really well. Try this recipe and serve with roti, paratha, jeera rice or with simple steamed rice.
- Chicken – 1 kg (Medium Piece – with bones)
- Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
- Kashmiri Red Chili Powder – ½ tsp
- Dry Whole Red Chili – 2
- Cumin Seeds – ½ tsp
- Coriander Seeds – ½ tsp
- Cinnamon Stick – 1”
- Green Cardamom – 2 nos
- Clove – 2 nos
- Black Peppercorn – ½ tsp
- Bay Leaf – 1
- Salt – To taste
- Tomato – 3 (Big)
- Onion – 1 (Very finely chopped)
- Mustard Oil – 2 Tbsp
- Curd – 3 Tbsp
- Mustard Oil – 3 Tbsp
- Green Chili – 2-3 nos
- Wash and clean the chicken pieces. Drain out the water. Add 3 Tbsp curd, ½ tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp mustard oil, kasmiri red chili powder and ½ tsp salt. Marinate well and keep aside for atleast 1 hour with a lid on.
- In a pan dry roast dry red chilli, bay leaf, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, clove, green cardamom, cinnamon stick and black pepper. Let them cool down completely. Now make a fine powder using dry grinder.
- In a separate grinder, make a paste with the tomatoes.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Add sliced onion. Sauté till translucent. Next, add marinated chicken. Sauté until oil starts to appear on sides, on low-medium heat.
- Next, add tomato paste and salt. Stir for a while. Turn the heat to low. Cover and cook till chicken is almost done.
- Now add the ground masala and stir one more time. Add green chili. Cover and cook for few more minutes.
- Tomato Chicken is ready to be served with choice of rice or paratha or roti.
~ No water is added to cook this dish. So always, keep the flame on low medium to cook this recipe.
~ I add whole green chili to add flavor in the dish. If you prefer more heat, then add slit green chili.