Yet another Maharashtrian snack recipe I am sharing today. It is a very common and easy recipe that is liked by everybody. I guess the simplicity that makes the recipe so popular. It requires very simple ingredients. It is normally prepared on the fasting days. The energy from peanuts and sabudana makes the recipe so popular.
- Sabudana or Tapioca Pearl – 100 gms
- Potato – 2 (Boiled)
- Roasted Peanuts – ¼ cup
- Green Chilli – 2 (Finely chopped)
- Ginger – 1 tsp (Finely chopped)
- Fresh Coriander – A handful (Finely chopped)
- Salt – To taste
- Oil – For frying
- Soak sabudana overnight in sufficient water. Water and sabudana ratio should be 3:1.
- Next day wash the sabudana with water. Drain out water and spread on a colander or strainer.
- Take a big bowl. Mash boiled potato.
- Add crushed roasted peanuts, salt, chopped ginger, chopped coriander. Mix everything very well.
- Now add soaked sabudana. Mix everything with light hand.
- Take small portion from the dough and roll between your hands. Now press a little.
- Repeat the process for rest of the dough.
- Heat sufficient oil in a kadai. Carefully put the vadas.
- Do not over crowd. Fry till light brown from all sides.
- Serve hot with green chutney.