As I always say ‘Kebabs’ are my all time favourite. I have tried different types of kebabs from time to time. Nevertheless, never shared this recipe or you may say never got opportunity to share recipe. As before I manage to take out my camera, more than half of the kebabs get exhausted. Last winter I prepared this ‘Chicken Boti Kebab’ for some guests and before everybody jumps on the plate I managed to capture some photos… ha ha ha… here goes the recipe…
- Boneless Chicken Breast – 400 gms (Cut into 1”x1” cubes)
- Salt – To taste
- Chilli Flakes – 2 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Roasted Cumin Powder – ½ tsp
- White Pepper Powder – ½ tsp
- Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1 tsp
- Roasted Besan or Gram Flour – 3-4 Tbsp
- Garlic Paste – 2 tsp
- Ginger Paste – 1 tsp
- Onion Paste – 2-3 Tbsp (Of 1 onion)
- Raw Papaya Paste – 1 tsp
- Poppy Seed Paste – 1 Tbsp
- Hung Curd – ½ cup
- Fried Onion or Beresta – A handful (Crush before adding in the marination)
- Mustard Oil – 2 Tbsp
- Charcoal – 1 piece
- Ghee or Butter or Refined Oil – 1 tsp
- Oil – 2-3 tsp
- Wooden or Bamboo Skewer – 8-10 nos
- Yogurt – 1 bowl
- Roasted Cumin Powder – ¼ tsp
- Chaat Masala – As required
- Onion – Cut into rings
- Lemon – Cut into wedges
- Chopped Coriander – A handful
- Take a big mixing bowl and mix all the ingredients. Put the chicken pieces and coat them very well.
- Burn the charcoal pieces. Put it on a small steel bowl and put the bowl on the marinated chicken.
- Now pore 1 tsp ghee on the charcoal. When the smoke starts to release, cover the bowl with a lid, so that no smoke can escape outside. Keep for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes take out the steel bowl. Cover and marinate for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Meanwhile soak the wooden or bamboo skewer in water for 10-15 minutes.
- Take on skewer and arrange the chicken pieces. 4-5 chicken pieces are enough for one skewer.
- Heat a heavy bottomed pan and drizzle a little oil on it. Place 3 to 4 skewer on the pan in single layer and cook till brown and cooked from all sides. Turn the skewers from time to time. Repeat the process for rest of the skewers.
- In a bowl mix in yogurt and chaat masala. If you wish you may add a little roasted cumin powder too.
- Take a serving plate and arrange the chicken pieces. Take out the skewers before serving them.
- Sprinkle chopped coriander and serve hot with onion rings, lemon wedges and yogurt dip.