In our house we keep our breakfast very simple as kids are not so fond of ‘partha’ or ‘luchi/puri’. Rather they prefer to have simple butter toast and egg poach or cheese omelet. One of their favourite is ‘Anda Bhurji’ or ‘Masala Anda Bhurji’ with lots of coriander and tangy maggi masala. Though I prefer not to use this maggi masala but sometimes I have to on their request. I always put lots of vegetables in Anda Bhurji as kids try not to eat them if I serve separately. But they gladly eat vegetables in this recipe. So if you have fussy kids in your family, you can try this recipe as well!
- Eggs – 4 nos
- Salt – to taste
- Black Pepper Powder – ½ tsp
- Chopped Onion – 1 (Large)
- Chopped Capsicum – 4 Tbsp
- Chopped Carrot – ½ cup
- Chopped Beans – ½ cup
- Chopped Tomato – ½ cup
- Green Chilli – 2 or as per taste (finely chopped)
- Roasted Cumin Powder – ½ tsp
- Maggi Masala – 1
- Oil – 3 Tbsp
- Chopped Coriander – A handful
- Beat the egg with egg beater adding salt and black pepper powder.
- Heat oil in a pan and add chopped onion. Sauté till they turn translucent.
- Next add chopped carrot and beans. Sauté for few minutes. Sprinkle a little salt.
- Next add beaten egg mix and start mixing quickly. The trick is mixing the egg with the vegetables quickly so that they coat the vegetables quickly and do not clog together.
- Add chopped capsicum, tomato and green chilli.
- Next add roasted cumin powder and maggi masala. Mix everything together.
- Finish it off with chopped coriander and serve with butter toast or garlic toast.