When I eat spicy dishes for consecutive couple of days, I try to balance my diet with some healthy dishes. And as you all know that I always try to prepare I pot meal when I’m alone in home. Day before yesterday I was not in a mood to cook a elaborate meal, so I prepared this skillet rice I jiffy. Very few readily available ingredients. If you do not have corn, you may add some green peas, or both, or if you do not have these in your pantry you may discard it. I have used brown rice and olive oil, as I wanted to have a healthier rice version. You can use regular Basmati rice and vegetable oil.
- Brown Rice – 150 gms
- Prawn – 8-10 pcs
- Olive Oil – 2 tsp
- Butter – 1 tsp
- Onion – 1 Medium (Finely chopped)
- Garlic – 1 tsp (Finely chopped)
- Sweet Corn – A handful
- Carrot – ½ (Cut into small pieces)
- Spring Onion – 3-4 tsp
- Green Chilli – 2 (Finely chopped)
- Black Pepper Powder – ½ tsp
- Salt – To taste
- Wash and soak the rice in water for 30 minutes.
- Wash clean and devain the prawns. Remove head and tail too. Smear a little salt on the prawns.
- Heat butter in a pan lightly fry the prawns and keep aside.
- In the same pan add olive oil.
- Add chopped garlic and onion. Sauté till the raw smell goes off.
- Add chopped carrot. Sauté for a while.
- Next add rice and corn. Sprinkle salt. Mix everything together.
- Add double the amount of water than rice if you are using brown rice. As brown rice takes a little longer time to cook and soaks more water.
- Add chopped green chilli. Cover and cook till rice is cooked.
- Remove cover add chopped spring onion, black pepper powder and sautéed prawns.
- Finally add a little butter. Mix everything together. Serve hot.