After a break of quite some time, sharing a fish curry recipe with a little difference which can be served on a weekend lunch or when some guests will be coming and you need to quick fix your lunch with an easy yet different fish curry. All you need some cashew paste and boiled onion paste with the regular spices. And your spread is sorted. This is a quick and easy one, I hope you are going to like this recipe…
- Rohu Fish – 6 pieces
- Boiled Onion Paste – ½ cup
- Ginger Paste – 1 tsp
- Cashew Paste – 2 Tbsp
- Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – ½ tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – ½ tsp
- Green Chilli – 3-4 pcs
- Mustard Oil – 4 Tbsp
- Ghee – 1 tsp
- Green Cardamom – 3 pcs
- Clove – 2 pcs
- Cinnamon Stick – 1”
- Bay Leaf – 1 no
- Cashew – Few pieces
- Salt – To taste
- Smear turmeric powder and salt. Rest for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a kadai or wok. Shallow fry the fish pieces carefully from both sides till they turn golden. Take out from kadai and keep aside.
- In the same kadai add ghee. Temper the oil+ghee with whole spices.
- Add ginger paste and sauté till raw smell goes off.
- Next add boiled onion paste and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add all dry spice powder and little salt. If require add 2-3 tsp water.
- Add cashew paste and sauté for a while.
- Next pour 1 cup water. Adjust salt.
- Add fried fish, garam masala powder and green chilli. Cover and cook for 5-6 minutes on low-medium heat.
- Garnish with broken cashew and serve with pulao or steamed rice only.