Today I am sharing the most discussed chicken recipe i.e. Chicken 65. There are many controversies on why this kind of name? Some says there are 65 different spices and ingredients were used in this recipe, some says it was very popular dish in a restaurant where the serial number of this dish was 65 and some says spices from 65 different villages were used to prepare this. Never the less I found it very tasty and prepare this quite often in my house. You will get different recipes on net for preparing this dish. I have combined 2/3 recipes together, tried and tasted couple of time and found this recipe is just perfect for us. You can adjust spices according to your taste bud. I do not know in which category this recipe falls into… regular Indian spices with curry leaves and then chilli-tomato sauce makes it a fusion recipe. Any ways whatever is the category, I love cooking this dish and kids love to eat as a snack as well as a side with rice-dal. I hope you are going to like this recipe too.
- Boneless Chicken – 500 gms (Cut into small pieces)
- Ginger Paste – 1 Tbsp
- Garlic Paste – 1 Tbsp
- Lemon Juice – 2 tsp
- Yogurt – 2 Tbsp
- Egg – 1
- Rice Flour – 2-3 tsp
- Corn Starch – 3-4 tsp
- Black Pepper Powder – ½ tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – ½ tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – ½ tsp
- Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – ½ tsp
- Salt – To taste
- Oil – For deep frying
- Garlic – 1 tsp (Chopped)
- Ginger – 2 tsp (Julienned)
- Curry Leaves – 2 sprigs
- Green Chilli – 5-6 (Slitted)
- Whole Red Chilli – 2
- Red Chilli Sause – 1 tsp
- Tomato Sauce – 2 tsp
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Wash and clean the chicken pieces. Drain out the excess water.
- Take chicken pieces in a big bowl and marinate it with lemon juice and salt. Keep aside for 15 minutes.
- In the same bowl add rest of the ingredients except oil. Marinate for 2 hours.
- Heat sufficient oil for deep frying the chicken pieces.
- Put in the chicken pieces one by one in the hot oil. Do not over crowd. Fry the chicken pieces till brown and crisp. Take out from oil on a kitchen paper.
- Take another pan. Put in 2 tsp oil from the fried chicken.
- Add in chopped garlic, ginger, green chilli, dry red chilli and curry leaves. Sauté for a while.
- Next add red chilli sauce and tomato sauce. Add the fried chicken pieces as well. Toss everything together so that chicken gets coated with the sauce.
- Serve hot as a appetizer or snack.