Holiday means cooking something different every other day. For evening snack I have to cook something everyday be it a kebab or tikki, pasta or sandwich. And it is better if it is different everyday. I have to search for new recipes every time. As I have mentioned earlier that kids love corn so decided to make corn kebab with bread, which can be served as snack and can be packed in tiffin box for lunch. I had some boiled chicken in my refrigerator. I shredded them and used in the tikki. You can discard chicken to make a vegetarian version. Adding potato and bread makes it complete food the kids. As I made these for kids, so I avoided adding red chilli powder. You can add as per your taste. My kids enjoy it very much with tomato ketchup. I hope your kids going to love it too.
- Corn – 1 cup (Fresh or frozen)
- Bread – 4 slices
- Chicken – ½ cup (Boiled and shredded – this is optional)
- Potato – 1 (Big – boiled and mashed)
- Onion – 1 (Very finely chopped)
- Ginger – 1 Tbsp (Very finely chopped)
- Green Chilli – 3-4 (Finely chopped)
- Coriander Leaf – A handful (Chopped)
- Chaat Masala – ½ tsp
- Roasted Cumin Powder – ½ tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – ½ tsp
- Salt – To taste
- Oil – 1 tsp + for frying the kebabs
- Soak corn in warm water for 30 minutes if you are using fresh corn. If you are using frozen corn then wash them with warm water.
- Reserve some corn and pulse the rest in a grinder. Pulse them once or twice just to crush them.
- Heat one tsp in a pan and lightly fry the onion till they turn translucent.
- Take a big bowl and transfer the onion. Add in ginger, boiled potato, crushed corn, green chilli, chopped coriander, all spices, boiled chicken (for non vegetarian version, else discard it), lemon juice, salt.
- Cut the edges of the bread. Soak in water and squeeze excess water and mash with hand. Put in the mixing bowl.
- Add in the corns that were reserved earlier. Combine everything together with your hand.
- Grease your hand with a little oil.
- Take a small portion from the mix and roll between your palms. Press a little to give a kebab like shape. Repeat the process for rest of the dough.
- Heat 2 tsp of oil in a non stick pan. Place the kebabs in the pan and fry them till they turn brown and crisp. Add oil as required.
- Serve with tomato ketchup.