My family was demanding for making Peri Peri Grilled Chicken for long. When I found Peri Peri Sauce in supermarket I didn’t think twice to buy it. There are three types of Peri Peri Sauce available in the market Very Hot, Hot and Mild Hot. Choose according to your heat tolerance level. You can prepare the sauce in your home as well if you want to. All you need two three types of chilli, garlic, olive oil, salt, lime juice and vinegar. But why bother if it is readily available in the market! This grilled chicken tastes better if you use some bell pepper with the chicken but as Man of the house doesn’t like bell pepper I avoid using it. I will share I recipe of Peri Peri Chicken with creamy gravy later on. That also tastes heaven. As of now try Peri Peri Grilled Chicken on stove top method.
- Chicken Breasts – 6 (I used skinless and boneless)
- Olive Oil – 3 Tbsp
- Lemon – 1 (Thinly sliced)
- Thyme – ½ tsp (Fresh or dried)
- Rosemary – ½ tsp (Fresh or dried)
- Garlic Paste – 3 tsp
- Ginger Paste – 1 Tbsp
- Peri Peri Sauce – 4 Tbsp
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes – 1 ½ Tbsp
- Smoked Paprika – ½ tsp
- Lemon Juice – Of 2 lemon
- Olive Oil – ¼ cup
- Red Wine Vinegar – 2 tsp
- Black Pepper Powder – ¾ tsp
- Salt – To taste
- Wash and pat dry chicken breasts.
- In a bowl mix all the ingredients except lemon slices. Marinate for atleast 2-3 hours.
- Heat a heavy bottomed skillet. Add 2 tsp olive oil,
- Now arrange the chicken pieces in single layer. Cover and cook on medium heat. Turn from side to side occassionaly.
- When the chicken is done add the lemon slices. Cover and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Serve with herbed rice or steamed rice or with some green salad.