‘Bhetki’ or Barramundi is my all time favourite and cook different dishes with this fish. Last Sunday I cooked ‘Masala Bhetki’ on stove top or Tava (Pan). Many of my readers requested me to share some quick and easy recipes which can be cooked without oven. This recipe is one of them. I have used very basic masalas to prepare the marination. The fish must be very fresh. I have used whole small ‘Bhetki’. You can use portions of the fish or boneless fillet too. Here goes the recipe…
- Bhetki or Barramundi – 4 pieces (Small size)
- Lemon Juice – 2-3 tsp
- Onion Paste – 2 Tbsp
- Ginger Paste – 1 ½ tsp
- Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
- Green Chilli Paste – 1 tsp
- Coriander Paste – 2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – ½ tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – ¼ tsp
- Cumin Powder – ½ tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – To taste
- Oil – 1 tsp + for roasting
- Clean the fishes under running water. Pat dry the fishes with kitchen paper.
- Make little slits on both sides. Marinate the fishes with lemon juice and salt for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes wash them under running water once again.
- Take a big bowl and mix all the ingredients and 1 tsp oil.
- Apply this masala on both sides of the fishes. Leave for 30 minutes.
- Heat a non stick tava and apply some oil.
- Carefully place the fishes on the tava. Cover the pan and cook for 7-8 minutes on low-medium heat.
- Turn the fishes carefully and cook on the other side too till both masala and fish is cooked through.
- The marination of the fishes should be cooked properly else the taste of the fish will be spoiled.
- Serve hot with lemon wedges and green salad.