‘Pomfret Rava Fry’ is a popular recipe from southern part of India. It is a very tempting fish recipe and can be served both as starter and as a side with rice. Spicy marinated fish coated with rava and then shallow fried in oil. This fish fry is crispy from outside and juicy from inside. It is a very easy and tasty dish can be prepared with ease. You may serve this as a party starter too by preparing this fish in small pieces.
- Pomfret Fish – 4 nos (Whole)
- Lemon Juice – 2 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – ½ tsp
- Turmeric Powder – ½ tsp
- Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
- Ginger Paste – ½ tsp
- Green Chilli Paste – ½ tsp
- Semolina – 1 cup
- Oil – For shallow fry
- Salt – To taste
- Clean the fishes and drain out the excess water. Apply lemon juice and little salt on the fishes. Let them rest for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes wash them thoroughly.
- Make some slits on both sides of the fish.
- In a bowl mix in red chilli powder, turmeric powder, garlic paste, ginger paste, green chilli paste, salt and 1 tsp oil.
- Apply the spice mix on both sides of the fishes. Let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Spread semolina on a plate.
- Put the fishes on the rava. Coat the fishes from both the sides.
- Heat sufficient oil for shallow frying the fishes.
- Put the fishes carefully in the oil. Fry both the sides. Fry one fish at a time on medium – low heat. Fry the fishes till golden brown on both the sides.
- Serve hot with cucumber, onion and lemon wedges.