‘Dalia’ or broken wheat is one of the popular food grains of India. And it is healthy and easy to cook too. I have shared few recipes with ‘dalia’ like ‘Dalia Upma’ and ‘Veg Pulao with Dalia’. Today I’m sharing another recipe with ‘dalia’ and vegetables. Here I have used only carrot and beans but if you wish you can add potato and cauliflower too. This is a wholesome nutritious food that can be packed for lunch box too. Try this ‘Khichri’ recipe and let me know how it was.
- Dalia or Broken Wheat – 150 gms
- Green Gram or Whole Moong Beans – 50 gms
- Mixed Vegetables – 1 cup (I have used beans and carrot)
- Mustard Oil – 2 Tbsp
- Ghee – 1 tsp (Optional)
- Cumin Seeds – ½ tsp
- Bay Leaf – 1
- Red Whole Chilli – 1
- Ginger Paste – 1 tsp
- Green Chilli – 2-3
- Red Chilli Powder – ¼ tsp
- Turmeric Powder – ½ tsp
- Cumin Powder – ½ tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – ½ tsp
- Salt – To taste
- Sugar – A little (Optional)
- Soak dalia and green gram separately for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes wash the green gram and pressure cook adding a little salt.
- Heat 2 Tbsp mustard oil in a kadai and temper the oil with cumin seeds, bay leaf and red whole chilli.
- Add ginger paste and sauté till raw smell goes off.
- Next add the chopped vegetables and sauté for few minutes.
- Add all powder masalas and little salt. Sauté for 5 minutes on medium low heat.
- Next add soaked dalia and mix all very well. Add 2 cups of water (approx) to cook all vegetables and dalia.
- Add cooked dal and mix all well.
- Next add sugar and adjust salt. Cook till everything is mixed together and cooked through.
- Drizzle ghee and sprinkle garam masala powder. Cover and rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve hot with papad or any fritter of your choice.