There is always a family demand for something different on weekends. And we always love to have something ‘chatpata’ on rainy days. Few days back I bought very fresh pomfret fish from market. So instead of ‘Pomfret Masala’ thought of preparing grilled fish with pomfret using green paste. It is really a mouthwatering dish and trust me all your family members going to love it. Here goes the recipe.
- Pomfret Fish – 4
- Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
- Ginger Paste – 1 tsp
- Onion Juice – ¼ cup
- Coriander Leaf – ½ bunch
- Mint Leaf – A handful
- Green Chilli Paste – 1 tsp
- Lemon Juice – 2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1
- Salt – To taste
- Gram Flour or Besan – 3 tsp or as required
- Oil – 4 tsp
- Clean the fishes well. Make 2-3 gashes on both the sides of the fishes.
- Marinate the fishes with lemon juice and little salt for 15-20 minutes. After 15-20 minutes wash the fishes thoroughly.
- Make a paste with all the ingredients except oil.
- Now apply this mixture on both side of each fish.
- Now you can grill the fish two ways; either on stove top or using oven.
Stove Top method:
- Heat 2tsp oil on a griddle or pan.
- Place the fish on hot griddle.
- Cover with a lid. Keep the fire on medium.
- After 5 minutes turn the fish and cook the other side. Cook till the fish is cooked through and gets brown.
- Pre heat the oven at 180 C.
- Grease the baking tray with some oil.
- Arrange the fishes in single layer.
- Place the tray on middle rack.
- Cook the fish for 10-12 minutes on one side.
- Take out the tray and turn the fish. Brush a little oil on the fishes.
- Grill the fish on other side too. The outer layer should turn brown.
- Serve the grilled fish hot with dash of lemon juice and onion rings.