Few days back I shared the recipe of ‘Chicken Shami Kebab’. Since then many of my readers asked me for a Vegetable Shami Kebab recipe. What better can be the option other than making Shami Kebab with green jackfruit or ‘ENchore’! Trust me this ‘shami kebab’ is as good as the non-vegetarian version of it. You can also use also use it as burger patty for your kid’s lunch box as well other than serving it as a starter.
- ENchore or Green Jackfruit – 500 gms
- Chana Dal or Bengal Gram – 75 gms
- Potato – 1 Big (Boiled)
- Onion Paste – ½ cup (Very finely chopped)
- Ginger Paste – 1 Tbsp
- Garlic Paste – 2 tsp
- Shahi Garam Masala – 1 tsp
- Garlic Pod – 2
- Cinnamon Stick – 1”
- Green Cardamom – 2
- Clove – 2
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
- Green Chilli – 2 (Finely chopped)
- Salt – To taste
- Oil – As required (For shallow frying)
- Peel the skin of green jackfruit and cut them in small pieces.
- Now in a pressure cooker put green jackfruit pieces, Bengal gram, garlic pods, whole garam masala. Cook till 3 whistles on medium heat. Let the pressure release of it’s own.
- In a big mixing bowl mix all ingredients together except oil. Mash all ingredients very well so that all can be combined together.
- Apply a little oil on both of your palms.
- Take a small portion from the mix and give shape of a tikki. Make all kebabs in this way.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Shallow fry till brown on both sides.
- Serve with onion Lachha and green chutney.