Yet another vegetarian starter recipe with Aloo (potato)! Potato is the most common and widely available vegetables. I have shared many recipes with potato but never a tandoor recipe with Aloo. There were a packet of baby potatoes in my refrigerator and I thought enough of having ‘Aloor Dum’! This time something different to be made… so decided to prepare Tandoori Aloo. And it tasted so good that I decided to share the recipe with you. I have used very simple and basic masalas for making this recipe you may add or alter as per your choice.
- Baby Potato – ½ kg (Par boiled with skin)
- Hung Curd – 150 gms
- Ginger Paste – 1 Tbsp
- Cumin Powder – ½ tsp
- Tandoori Masala – 1 ½ tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – ½ tsp
- Turmeric Powder – ¼ tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – ½ tsp
- Black Pepper Powder – ½ tsp
- Chaat Masala – 1 tsp
- Lemon Juice – 2 tsp
- Mustard Oil – 2 tsp
- Butter – 2 Tbsp
- Chopped Coriander – ¼ cup
- Sugar – ½ tsp
- Salt – To taste
- Parboil the baby potatoes adding a little salt. Then drain out the hot water and dip the potatoes in cold water. Peel the skin and keep aside.
- Take a bowl and mix all the ingredients mentioned above.
- Coat the potatoes well with the marinade. Set aside for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile soak the wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes take out all the skewers from water and apply a little oil on each of them.
- Now arrange the marinated potatoes one by.
- Heat a tava or skillet and add 1 tsp butter.
- Now arrange the skewered potatoes on the skillet in single layer.
- Grill the potatoes till they turn golden brown on all sides and brown spot appears on all sides. Turn them from time to time and apply some butter if required.
- Serve hot with mint-coriander chutney and tomato slices.