Some of my readers asked me for some quick ‘Aloo’ (Potato) recipes. So I thought of sharing a ‘sukhs aloo’ (dry potato curry) recipe which is very easy and quick to make and same time very very tasty. We all know that ‘til’ or sesame is very healthy to eat. But in our everyday cooking there is less use of this seeds. So whenever I can use I try to make variety of dishes with it. The nutty flavour of roasted sesame is very tempting. Aloo or potato is the most common and popular amongst all the vegetables in India. And it is most favourite of many people. This recipe is ideal for all potato lovers.
Earlier I have shared two recipes with sesame one is a dry potato recipe i.e. ‘Tilwale Chatpata Aloo’ which is ideal as a finger food at parties and another one is ‘Tilottama Rui’ as traditional Bengali recipe with Rohu Fish. Enjoy the ‘Tilwale Sukha Aloo’ hot and fresh to enjoy the crispness of the roasted sesame seeds.
- Potato – 2 (Large-Peeled & Diced)
- Sesame Seeds – 3 Tbsp
- Poppy Seeds – 1 tsp
- Cumin Seeds – ½ tsp
- Dry Whole Red Chillie – 1
- Green Chillies – 2-3 (Chopped)
- Coriander Leaves – 2 tsp (Chopped)
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Salt – To taste
- Boil, peel and dice the potatoes.
- Take a non stick pan or kadai. Dry roast the til/sesame till they turn light golden in colour. Keep them aside.
- Make a paste of poppy seeds and half of roasted sesame seeds.
- In the same pan heat oil and fry the cumin seeds and red chillie till they splutter.
- Add the poppy seed and sesame paste. Sauté for couple of minutes.
- Now add boiled and cubed potatoes and mix well.
- Adjust salt. Add chopped green chillies. Sauté for another few minutes.
- Switch of the gas and sprinkle the rest of the roasted sesame seeds and chopped coriander leaf.
- Serve hot with roti or paratha.