‘Ragda Patties’ or ‘Aloo Tikki Matar Chaat’ is one of the popular street foods of Mumbai. It nothing but a combination of simple ‘aloo tikki’ or potato patties and some common ingredients. I love to squeeze some lemon juice on top of the chaat if you wish you may replace it with yogurt or dahi too. It is simply awesome dish for a lazy afternoon. I just made it yesterday as it was Sunday. You can have this any day you wish to have.
- Aloo Tikki: For recipe refer Here
- For Ghugni or Yellow Peas Curry – For recipe refer Here
- For Tikki Chaat:
- Tamarind Chutney – 4-6 Tbsp
- Onions – 1 (Finely Chopped)
- Green Chilies – 2 (Finely Chopped)
- Coriander – ½ cup (Chopped)
- Sev – ½ cup
- Roaster Cumin & Red Chilli Powder – As required
- Lemon Wedges
- Chaat Masala
- For making Aloo Tikki refer Here.
- For making Ghugni or Yellow Pea Curry refer Here.
- For making Chaat:
- Take a plate or bowl in which you want to serve the chaat and add two spoons of yellow peas curry and spread well.
- Place 2 aloo tikkis on it (increase or decrease the number of aloo tikkis as per choice) and sprinkle tamarind chutney as per personal preference.
- Now add handful of chopped onions, coriander and some chopped green chilies.
- Sprinkle lots of sev on top with little salt, roasted jeera (cumin) red chilli powder and chaat masala.
- You can adjust the toppings as per your requirement.
- Serve immediately with some lemon wedges on sides.