This is one of the long awaited post of mine. As every time I baked this cookies within few moments the whole batch gets disappeared every time. So during Durga Puja I decided come what may … I’m going to post this recipe! Then comes my laziness where since last one month I’m planning to post it. And today I was determined that I will definitely share the recipe. It is a very easy recipe. Almond flour gives a very nice and smooth texture in the cookies. You will get almond flour in any departmental stores. Do try this recipe. I’m sure everybody in your family going to like the recipe.
- Butter – 100 gms
- Sugar – 100 gms
- Almond Flour – 75 gms
- All Purpose Flour – 50 gms
- Baking Powder – ½ tsp
- Vanilla Custard Powder – 3-4 Tbsp
- Chopped Almond – A handful
- Vanilla Essence – 5-6 drops
- Preheat oven at 180°C.
- Brush baking tray with melted butter to grease.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat until it foams. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Add sugar and mix till sugar melts.
- Add all purpose flour, baking powder, almond flour and crushed almonds in the pan. (Remove the skin of almonds)
- Add vanilla custard powder and vanilla essence.
- Stir until well combined make dough adding warm milk (If required).
- Keep the dough in a covered pot and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll it into a long log of 1” diameter.
- Cut it into ½ cm thick. Shape them as you wish. I shaped then slightly elongated.
- Top them with crushed almond. Place on trays about 3cm apart.
Bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly golden. Set aside on baking trays for 15 minutes to cool.
- Serve hot or in room temperature.