I heard about this cutlet long back from one of my grandmother who is keen of cooking different dishes. I never tasted this cutlet but when I found this recipe on a website I thought of trying this recipe. Unlike other recipe this is not at all my family recipe. I used the quantity of spices according to my taste you can always use as per your taste. The original recipe comprises of cumin powder and chopped mint leaves. But I felt roasted cumin powder enhances the flavor of the cutlet. And I use chopped mint along with chopped coriander when I make the cutlet with minced mutton.
When I had the first bite in the cutlet the first thing that came to my mind is it is so juicy, soft and crispy! If you are familiar with famous ‘Kabiraji Cutlet’, the outer coating gives similar feeling. I love it so much that I made this cutlet on several occasions from last festive season. I hope you all are going to like it …
Ingredients to make 15 cutlets:
- Minced Chicken – 300 gms
- Potato – 2 Big (Boiled)
- Onion – 2 Medium (Finely chopped)
- Garlic Paste – 2 tsp
- Ginger Paste – 2 tsp
- Green Chilli – 2-3 (Finely chopped)
- Red Chilli Powder – ½ tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
- Roasted Cumin Powder – ¾ tsp
- Turmeric Powder – ¾
- Garam Masala Powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander Leaf – A handful (Finely chopped)
- Bread Crumb – For coating
- Egg – 2
- Oil – For shallow fry
- Salt – To taste
- Grind the minced chicken in a grinder to make smooth dough.
- Mash the potatoes.
- Take a big bowl and combine all ingredients except bread crumb and eggs.
- Adjust salt. Mix very well to form smooth uniform dough.
- Rest for 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 14-15 equal portions.
- Roll them between your palms.
- Coat with bread crumb and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl.
- Heat 3-4 Tbsp oil in a frying pan.
- Now dip each cutlet in egg and carefully place them in the pan.
- Fry them till they turn light brown and crisp on both sides.
- Serve with salad and raita.