Many of you must be fond of freshly grilled sandwiches but can’t make it as do not have sandwich maker at home. You need not to worry as today I’m sharing the recipe of Tava Grilled Vegetable Sandwich which can be easily made on ‘Tava’ or griddle and it is as crunchy as the sandwich made in sandwich maker. Here I have used vegetable filling you can use any filling you like.
- Sandwich Bread – 8 pcs (I have used brown bread)
- Potato – 1 Big (Boiled)
- Mixed Vegetables – 1 cup (Boiled – carrot, beans, peas)
- Green Chilli – 2 (Finely chopped)
- Coriander – A handful (Chopped)
- Onion – 1 (Finely Chopped)
- Cumin Seeds – ½ tsp
- Turmeric Powder – ¼ tsp
- Lemon Juice – 1 tsp
- Oil – 2-3 tsp
- Butter – 4 Tbsp
- Salt – To taste
- Heat 3 tsp of oil in a pan and crackle cumin seeds.
- Now add chopped onion and sauté till they turn translucent.
- Lightly mash all the vegetables and potato with a potato masher and add them in the pan.
- Add turmeric powder, chaat masala, salt, chopped green chilli, chopped coriander and mix well.
- Next add lemon juice and transfer into a bowl. Let it cool completely.
- Take 1 slice of bread and put some vegetable stuffing on it. Now cover it with another slice of bread. Press a little with your hand.
- Apply some butter on one side of the sandwich.
- Heat a tava or griddle and place the sandwich (butter side down) on the tava.
- Now apply more butter on the other side of the sandwich.
- Press a little with spatula and toast till the sandwich turns brown and crisp on both sides.