No festival is complete without sweets. Today I am sharing the recipe of ‘Rava Ladoo’ on the occasion of ‘Deepavali’ or ‘Diwali’ the way I make it. Traditionally this ladoo is made with only ghee, sugar and rava with some nuts. But I like adding some milk and khoya (evaporated milk) in it. It helps to combine all ingredients together and gives a nice smooth texture in the ladoo. Let’s see how to make ‘Rava Ladoo’…
Ingredients to make 12-14 nos
- Rava or Semolina – 1 ¼ cup
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Grated Coconut – ¼ cup
- Ghee – 3-4 Tbsp
- Cashew – ¼ cup
- Raisin – ¼ cup
- Milk – ½ cup
- Khoya – 3 Tbsp (You may substitute it with milk powder too)
- Green Cardamom Powder – ¼ tsp
- Soak the raisins in a little water.
- Heat a non stick deep heavy bottomed pan.
- Melt the ghee into it. And fry the cashew nuts. Keep them aside.
- Now put the semolina into it and start sautéing continuously on low-medium heat till rava starts to change its colour into light brown and starts releasing aroma.
- Take out half of the fried rava in a pot. Now add sugar, milk and cardamom powder in the pan.
- Keep stirring continuously else the mixture will stick to the pan.
- After adding milk and sugar the mixture will become soft and watery but don’t panic rava will absorb all the moisture after a while.
- Add khoya or milk powder and grated coconut. And mix well.
- Transfer the whole mixture into a bowl and add the fried rava that you have kept aside.
- Put in fried cashew and some raisins. Mix very well with your hand.
- Now grease your hand with a little ghee and take a little amount from the mixture and roll them into a round shape.
- Garnish with some more raisins.
- Serve in room temperature… Happy Diwali J