I always try to prepare breakfast a little interesting every time. Those who love Oats but are bored of having oats the same way everyday can try this recipe. I have used sprouted moong for a healthy touch in the recipe you can add some vegetables too if you wish to. Here goes the recipe …
- Sprouted Moong – 1 cup
- Bagrry’s Oats – 1 cup
- Brown or Regular Sandwich Bread – 6 pieces
- Onion – 1 Big (Finely chopped)
- Ginger – 1 tsp (Finely chopped
- Black Pepper – 1 tsp (Crushed)
- Besan or Gram Flour – 1 Tbsp
- Chopped Coriander Leaves – 3-4 tsp
- Egg – 1
- Oil – 3-4 Tbsp
- Salt – To taste
- In a grinder grind the sprouted moong into coarse paste.
- Lightly crush the oats with your hand.
- Take a big bowl and combine all the ingredients except oil. Make a thick batter.
- Cut the bread diagonally. You may cut them in squares too or can keep the breads as it is.
- Take a pieces of bread and apply the batter on one side of the bread.
- Hat a tava and apply 1 tsp oil.
- Now put the toast upside down (batter side down) on the tava.
- Put the fire on low. And cook till the batter becomes firm and crisp.
- Now flip the toast and cook the other side. You need not to add any oil, it will become crisp if you keep the toast on tava for few seconds.
- Serve hot with tomato sauce.
~ For Moong Sprout – Soak Green whole moong beans for 5-6 hours in water. Drain out the excess water and then wrap them with a damp cloth overnight in a warm place. Next day you will find that small sprouts have come out.
~ Those who are vegetarian can use cornflour instead of egg. Use 1 tsp cornflour to substitute 1 egg.