Breakfast is one the most important meal of the day. I always try to prepare a healthy and nutritious breakfast everyday. This Bulgur and Oats Tikki with vegetables is a healthy option for breakfast. It is difficult to find Bulgur in India so you can substitute it with ‘daliya’ too. I have added some vegetables t make the tikkis more tasty. Here I have used potato to bind all the ingredients for vegetarian version you may use an egg egg instead of potato for non vegetarian version.
Ingredients for making 8 nos
- Bulgur – ½ cup
- Bagrry’s Oats – 1 cup
- Potato – 1 (Boiled & mashed)
- Mixed Vegetables – ½ cup (Very finely chopped – I have used carrot and beans)
- Onion – 1 (finely chopped)
- Ginger – 1 tsp (Finely Chopped)
- Roasted Cumin Powder -1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – ½ tsp
- Lemon Juice – 1 tsp
- Green Chilli – 2-3 or according to your taste
- Oil – 3-4 tsp
- Salt – To taste
- Soak bulgur in warm water for 30 minutes.
- Grind the oats in a grinder.
- Take a large bowl and put ground oats powder, soaked bulgur (squeeze excess water), mashed potato, chopped onion, chopped vegetables, chopped ginger, roaster cumin powder, garam masala powder, lemon juice and green chilli. Add salt to taste. Now mix all together.
- Rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Grease your hand with a little oil. Take a small portion and press between your palms to form a tikki or patty.
- Heat a non stick tava and drizzle a little oil.
- Now place the tikkis and cook them on now-medium heat till they turn a little brown on both sides.
- Serve this with tomato ketch up if you are serving as appetizer or snack. Else you may serve as it is if you are serving in breakfast like me.
~ If you do not find Bulgur in grocery store you can substitute it with Daliya too.