I tasted this kebab in Lucknow some years back and I liked the name of the dish along with the kebab. Few days back in our pre-pujo get together we had a pot luck party and I decided to make this kebab. I found the recipe in net and modified according to my taste and everybody liked it so much!
The beauty of this kebeb lies in the freshly ground roasted spices with a dash of sweet flavor from the honey. You can serve this as a appetiser or can serve this wrapping in tortilla bread or with simple hand toasted bread with some fresh green salad and lemon juice. Since the festive season is still going on thought of sharing the recipe… do try this recipe at home and let me know how you liked it!
Ingredients to serve 4:
For First Marination:
- Boneless Chicken Breast – 700 gms
- Red Chilli Powder – ½ tsp
- Lemon Juice – 2 tsp
For Second Marination:
- Hung Curd – 2 Tbsp
- Ginger Paste – 1 ½ tsp
- Garlic Paste – 1 ½ tsp
- Green Chilli Paste – 1 Tbsp
For Dry Roast Masala:
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Coriander Seeds – 1 ½ tsp
- Sesame Seeds – 1 tsp
- Mustard Seeds – ¾ tsp
- Tandoori Masala Powder – 1 tsp
- Chopped Coriander – 2 tsp
- Chopped Mint Leaves – 1 tsp
- Salt – To taste
- Refined Oil – 2 Tbsp
- Butter – 2 Tbsp
- Black Pepper – 1 tsp (Crushed)
- Honey – 1 tsp
- Clean and pat dry chicken breast and cut into medium size pieces.
- Marinate with salt, lemon juice and red chilli powder. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime roast the seeds in a pan, allow to cool and then grind to make a smooth masala powder.
- Take a large bowl and combine yogurt, grounded masala powder and all the ingredients of second marination along with 2 tbsp of oil.
- Mix in tandoori masala powder, chopped coriander and mint leaves too. Mix well.
- Add marinated chicken and coat them well with the marination. Cover and let it rest in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven at 180 C and grease the skewers with some oil.
- Take out the chicken from the refrigerator and put on room temperature for about 15 minutes. Arrange chicken pieces onto the skewers.
- As I like grilled onion with this chicken kebab I used some cubed onion pieces with the chicken.
- Put the chicken skewers on the rack of the oven. Keep the distance between the chicken skewers.
- Place in the oven and grill for 30 minutes until chicken turns into nice brown in color.
- In a bowl mix in butter, honey and crushed black pepper.
- In between keep checking the softness of chicken with the help of knife or fork.
- Apply this butter mix on the cooked chicken skewer and roast for another 5-10 minutes.
- Take out the chicken from the skewers and arrange in the serving plate.
- Serve hot with spicy coriander or mint chutney and fresh salad and lemon wedges.
~This same kebab can be made in the pan as well, but the crispiness comes in the oven only.
~Sprinkle some fresh coriander at the time of serving for a good presentation. Since I added in the marination itself, I didn’t garnish with coriander.
~ As I like grilled onion with this chicken kebab I used some cubed onion pieces with the chicken. If you don’t like you may discard.