This Sweet-n-Sour Pineapple Chicken is my all time Indo-Chinese dishes. I prepared this after a long gap few days ago. It turned out good so thought of sharing the recipe with you. I served it with Schezwan Egg Fried Rice and Dry Chilli Chicken. You can serve it as a starter too.
Ingredients to serve 4
- Boneless Chicken – 500 gms
- Vinegar – 2 tsp
- Black Pepper Powder – 2 tsp
- Garlic Paste – 1 ½ tsp
- Ginger Paste – 1 tsp
- Soya Sauce – 2 Tbsp
- Sugar / Honey – 1 tsp
- Capsicum / Bell Paper – 1 cup (Diced)
- Pineapple – ¾ cup (Diced)
- Garlic – 1 tsp (Chopped)
- Ginger – 1 tsp (Chopped)
- Onion – 1 (Diced)
- Corn Flour – 3-4 Tbsp + 1 tsp
- Egg – 1
- Oil – 2 tsp + for frying the chicken
- Salt – To taste
- Marinade the chicken pieces with ginger paste, garlic paste, 1 tsp black pepper powder, 1 tsp vinegar and 1 tsp soya sauce for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes add 1 egg and corn flour. Add a little salt. Mix very well. The corn flour should coat the chicken pieces from all sides.
- Heat sufficient oil in a wok. Put the chicken pieces in hot oil. Fry them till golden brown from all sides. Take out from oil and put them on absorbent paper.
- Take another wok and take 2 tsp oil from the wok.
- Add chopped ginger and garlic. Fry till the raw smell goes off.
- Now add diced onion. When they turn translucent add diced capsicum.
- Next add fried chicken pieces and pineapple pieces. Toss well.
- Now add soya sauce, sugar/ honey, black pepper, vinegar and salt. Sauté for couple of minutes.
- Add 1 tsp corn flour in little water and add it to the wok. Give a quick toss.
- Sprinkle some sesame seeds (optional) and serve hot with Schezwan Egg Fried Rice or any other Indo-Chinese rice or noodles dishes.