Apart from Punjabi, South Indian and Bengali cuisine, Indo-Chinese recipe attracts me most. I love spicy yet simple food. Last weekend I made this beautiful Schezwan Egg Fried Rice, Chilli Chicken and Sweet-n-Sour Pineapple Chicken. Needless to say that, these all were loved by all in our family. I have used sesame oil and rice bran vinegar but you can substitute with vegetable oil and regular vinegar too. I am sharing this recipe so that you can try out during this festive season…
Ingredients to serve 4
- Cooked Rice – 4 cups (I have used Basmati)
- Eggs – 3 nos
- Onion – 1 (Big-Sliced)
- Cabbage – ½ cup (Shredded)
- Carrot – 1 (Cubed and boiled)
- Beans – 4-5 (Thinly sliced)
- Garlic Leaves or Spring Onion Green – ½ cup
- Garlic – 2 Tbsp (Chopped)
- Rice Bran Vinegar – 2 tsp
- Sesame or any Vegetable Oil – 4-5 tsp
- Dry Red Chilli – 2
- Schezwan Masala or Paste – 2 tsp
- Black Pepper – ½ tsp (Crushed)
- Salt – To taste
- Beat eggs in a bowl adding some salt. Heat some oil in a wok and fry the eggs. Keep aside.
- In the same oil add some more oil and add chopped garlic and red chilli. Fry till garlic turns golden brown.
- Next add sliced onion and fry till translucent.
- Next add par boiled carrot and beans. Sauté till they are cooked on medium fire sprinkling some salt.
- Now add half of the chopped garlic or spring onion greens. Sauté once again.
- Next add boiled rice, crushed black pepper and Schezwan powder or paste.
- Mix well. Adjust salt.
- Add vinegar and fried eggs. Give a final mix.
- Top with chopped garlic leaves and spring onion greens.
- Serve with any Chicken or Vegetarian dishes. I served with Sweet n Sour Pineapple Chicken.