I have already shared a simple recipe of Fruit-n-Nut Cake which I often bake to accompany with tea. This time I baked a Boozy Rich Fruit Cake loaded with nuts. I have soaked the raisins in rum overnight so that raisins soak all the flavours of rum. When the cake is baked the beautiful aroma of rum and nuts fills my apartment. It goes best with a cup of hot Darjeeling tea or if you want to serve it hot as a dessert, you can serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream too. Do try this recipe …
- All Purpose Flour – 200 gms
- Sugar – 100 gms
- Brown Sugar – 100 gms
- Unsalted Butter – 200 gms
- Egg – 4 no
- Baking Powder – 2 tsp
- Vanilla Essence – 2 tsp
- Rum – 85 ml
- Raisin – 50 gms
- Raisins, Cashew, Almond and Glazed Cherry – A handful
- Soak the raisins in rum overnight or atleast for 3-4 hours.
- Prepare a square or a round cake pan. Grease the cake pan lightly with oil or butter. You can also line the pan with butter paper.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Sieve the flours and baking powder and keep aside.
- In a bowl add butter and sugar and beat very well till sugar melts and butter becomes creamy.
- Add eggs (one at a time) and mix thoroughly.
- Add the flour mixture a little at a time and mix uniformly.
- Add vanilla extract. Stir and mix quickly. Pour in the rum soaked raisins and mix uniformly.
- Now pour the whole mixture in the cake pan.
- Shake and tap the pan lightly so that the cake is spread evenly throughout the whole pan.
- Sprinkle the fruit and nuts mixture on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 180-200 degrees C for 40-45 minutes or more or less depending on your oven.
- Insert a knife or tooth peak in middle of the cake if it comes clean then your cake is ready!
- Either wrap the Boosy Rich Fruit Cake in a cling film or store in a container.
~ If the top of the cake browns quickly, then cover the top with butter paper or aluminium foil.
~ Instead of butter you can use oil.
~ The fruit cake can also be completely made with whole wheat flour or all purpose flour.
~ Brown sugar can be substituted with regular sugar.