‘Kankrol’ is such vegetable that is not much liked by everyone in my home though I like ‘Kankrol Bhaji’ or ‘Pur Bhora Kankroler Chop’. This is very simple recipe and takes very less time to prepare. You can serve this ‘bhaji’ (stir fry) either with roti or with steamed rice and dal.
- Kankrol or Teasel Gourd – 4
- Asafetida or Hing – 1 pinch
- Mustard Seeds – ½ tsp
- Dry Red Chilli – 1
- Curry Leaves – 2-3 sprigs
- Oil – 2 Tbsp
- Sugar – ¼ tsp
- Salt – To taste
- Wash and chop the ‘kankrols’ into thin bite size pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan and temper the oil with hing, dry red chilli, mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Now add the chopped ‘kankrol’.
- Add sugar, turmeric powder and salt. Mix well. Keep the heat on low. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in between.
- When the ‘kankrol’ is cooked through sauté them till oil separates and the ‘bhaji’ becomes light brown.
- Serve with steamed rice and dal or you can serve it with simple ‘roti’ too.