Soya Granule/Chunk is a wonder product for me. I prepare different dishes using this soya chunk/granule regularly. Since it is full of protein I like to prepare different dishes using the same on our veg days. I already have shared some recipes like ‘Soya Keema Pulao’, ‘Soya Tikki’, ‘Soya Chunk Fried Rice’. This kebab recipe is my latest addition. You can serve this as a appetiser or can serve as a snack with tea or coffee. It is very easy to prepare and tasty too. Here is the recipe…
- Soya Granule or Soya Chunk – 150 gms
- Bengal Gram – 3 Tbsp
- Onion – ½ cup (Finely chopped)
- Garlic Paste – ½ tsp
- Ginger Paste – 1 tsp
- Cumin Powder – ½ tsp
- Coriander Powder – ½ tsp
- Turmeric Powder – ¼ tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – ½ tsp
- Coriander Leaf – A handful (Finely chopped)
- Green Chilli – 1 tsp (Finely Chopped)
- Nutmeg Powder – A little
- Mace Powder – A little
- Garam Masala Powder – ½ tsp
- Salt – To taste
- Oil – 2 tsp + for making kebab
- Soak the soya granule in hot water for 15-20 minutes. Then drain out the water and squeeze well. Wash again under water and squeeze again. Keep aside. If you are using soya chunk boil them and then wash them under running water. Squeeze them and grind them in a grinder. Do not make a paste. It should be ground but granules must be there.
- Boil the chana dal separately adding some turmeric powder and salt. Grind it in smooth paste.
- Heat some oil in a pan. Add chopped onion. When they turn pink add ginger paste and garlic paste. Sauté till raw smell goes off.
- In a large mixing bowl combine ground soya, dal, sautéed onion-ginger-garlic, all dry masalas, chopped coriander and green chilli. Adjust salt.
- Combine all together and to form a dough. If you feel that the dough is little soft you may add some besan (gram flour).
- Apply some oil on your palms and pinch lemon size dough. Roll between your palms and press a little to form a tikki.
- Heat 2-3 tsp of oil on a griddle or pan and cook the kebabs till they turn brown on both sides. Keep the heat on medium.
- Serve with salad, any dip of your choice or simply tomato sauce.