Breakfast made with regular cereals and pulses are common in India. They are nutritious and healthy at the same time. Today I’ll share a simple recipe i.e. ‘Besan Chila’. ‘Besan Chila’ is nothing but the Indian version of crepe. I have added some chopped onion to make it tastier. You can always avoid using the same.
- Besan or Gram Flour – 1 cup
- Onion – 1 (Medium – Chopped)
- Green Chilli – 1 (Chopped)
- Coriander – A handful (Chopped)
- Ajwain or Carom Seeds – ¼ tsp
- Fennel Seeds – ½ tsp (Roasted & coarsely crushed)
- Salt – To taste
- Oil – 1 tsp + for roasting the chilas
- In a mixing bowl mix all the ingredients except onion and rest for 10 minutes. Adjust salt and 1 tsp oil.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan and put 1 ladle full of batter on the pan. Sprinkle some chopped onion.
- When the crepe is roasted on one side flip the crepe. And roast on the other side too.
- Serve with green chutney. I served with some ‘Aloo Bhaja’ (Stir fried Potato) by the side.