Oats is a very healthy breakfast option. But I really don’t like oats with milk so I often try to make different variations with oats. When I was looking for making pancake for this Sunday breakfast I found some cornmeal in my pantry and oats meal too. Immediately I decided to make some savory pancake for breakfast. Oats meal is available in any grocery store. If you do not find just pulse some oats in your food processor. It is a very easy and tasty pancake recipe. Add vegetables of your choice. Here goes the recipe…
- Oats Meal – 1 cup
- Corn Meal – 1 cup
- Egg – 2
- Onion – 1 (Finely chopped)
- Capsicum – 1 (Finely chopped)
- Coriander Leaf – A handful (Chopped)
- Salt – To taste
- Milk – As required
- Oil – 1 tsp + making the pancakes
- In a large mixing bowl mix oats meal, corn meal, and a little salt.
- Crack 2 eggs in the bowl and start mixing.
- Add milk to form thick yet flowey batter. Add 1 tsp oil in the batter. Let the batter rest for 5-6 minutes.
- Heat a non stick pan. Grease the pan with a little oil. Put a ladle full of batter on pan sprinkle chopped onion, capsicum and coriander. Cover the pan. Keep the heat on low.
- After 1 minute remove the cover and flip the pancake. Cook till other side turns a little brown too.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup.
~ If you do not have oats meal, just grind regular oats in a grinder to make fine oats meal.