This recipe is my Mom’s no failed recipe of making ‘Chaanar Pudding’. Since childhood I dislike having ‘channa’ and my Mom was determined to feed me ‘chaana’ so she used to prepare different dishes using it. One of them is ‘Chaanar Pudding’. Maa used to reduce milk adding sugar for making condensed milk, But now a days condensed milk is readily available in market so you can choose which ever is convenient to you. I have used 3 eggs but 4 eggs are recommended as it helps to form the nice texture of the pudding. I like vanilla flavor you may add orange, lemon or even chocolate flavor too.
- Chaana or Paneer (Indian Cottage Cheese) – 300 gms
- Condensed Milk – ½ cup
- Eggs – 3-4 nos
- Vanilla Essence – 2 tsp
- Sugar – 3-4 tsp or according to taste
- In a large mixing bowl mix eggs and sugar till sugar melts.
- Mash chaana in a bowl separately.
- Add mashed chaana with the sugar and egg mix.
- Add in condensed milk and vanilla essence.
- Grease a stainless still container with a little ghee.
- Pour the whole mixture in the container. Put the lid on.
- Put the container in the pressure cooker. Pour water in the pressure cooker. The water should reach till half of the container and not more than that.
- Put the lid one and cook the pudding on high flame till first whistle. Then lower the heat. And cook for another 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let the pressure release of its own.
- Take out the container and let it come to room temperature.
- Refrigerate and serve cold.