‘Bhapa Doi’ or Baked Yogurt is a dessert that I often prepare at home. Every body in our family likes to have this creamy yogurt. I have already shared the recipe of ‘Nolen Gurer Bhapa Doi’ before. This is without jaggery. I like to flavor the yogurt with cardamom, if you wish you may discard. All you need is a little preparation of hanging the yogurt for atleast 4 to 5 hours. I prefer to hung the curd overnight. It takes about 20-25 minutes to bake the yogurt. Chill in the refrigerator for some time and ‘Bhapa Doi’ is ready to be served.
Ingredients for 4 serving:
- Hung Curd – 500 gms
- Full Fat Milk – 500 ml
- Sugar – 50 gms or according to taste
- Green Cardamom Powder – ¼ tsp (Optional)
- Fresh Cream – 6-7 Tbsp
- Reduce milk to its one third volume adding sugar.
- In a mixing bowl mix hung curd, reduced milk, fresh cream and cardamom powder.
- Pre heat the oven at 180 C.
- Pour the mixture it in the baking bowls.
- In a baking tray arrange the bowls. Now pour water in the tray upto half of the bowls.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Bhapa Doi is ready… Refrigerate and serve…