This moist cake is very good option for breakfast. Normally I bake Banana Cake but since it is the season of Mango, I thought of baking something different with mango. This is a heavy cake and takes 50-60 minutes for baking. Do not forget to pre heat the oven at 200C and then bake the cake at 180C. This cake is full of nutrition as fruits, oats and nuts are used. This can be very good option for breakfast or for dessert!
- Banana – 1 (Ripe)
- Mango Pulp – ½ cup
- All Purpose Flour – 175 gms
- Baking Powder – 1 tsp
- Vegetable Oil – 4 Tbsp
- Sugar – 100 gms
- Egg – 2 nos
- Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
- Oats – 3-4 Tbsp
- Raisins – A handful
- Choice of Nuts – A handful
- Sieve flour and baking powder in large mixing bowl.
- Now add sugar and eggs. Mix very well.
- Mash the banana and add this to the mixture.
- Next ad mango pulp. Mix very well.
- Add in oil and vanilla essence.
- Now add half of the raisins and nuts. Give it a final mix.
- Grease a baking pan and pour the mixture.
- Sprinkle oats and rest of the raisins and nuts.
- Pre heat the oven at 200C. Bake the cake for 45-50 minutes at 180C or till a knife comes clean if inserted.
- Serve at room temperature.
~ This is a moist cake, so it will take a longer time to bake. It may take 60 minutes too.
~ Pre heating the oven at 200C is a must.