In the season of Mango how could I not prepare my favourite dessert, pudding with it! Like my earlier post of Orange Flan, this is also a very easy recipe with easy steps. You need very fresh and sweet mango pulp for making this pudding. I prefer to have pudding with caramel topping. If you want only the flavor of mango then discard making the caramel keeping other steps as it is. Here is the recipe …
Ingredients for making pudding:
- Full Fat Milk – 500 ml
- Mango Pulp – ½ cup
- Sugar – 5 Tbsp or acc to taste
- Egg – 3 no
- Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
- Custard Powder – 1 tsp
- Sugar – 3-4 tsp
- Butter / Ghee – 1 tsp
- Chopped Mango
- Take a 6” stainless still round tiffin box. Grease with butter or ghee. Sprinkle sugar and start heating the container. Keep the heat on medium. When sugar starts to caramelise switch off the gas and keep the tiffin box aside. Remember that the box is very hot!
- In a small bowl mix the custard powder with a little milk. Keep aside.
- In a pan start heating rest of the milk. Reduce it to ½ of its volume.
- Add sugar and mix till sugar gets dissolved. Let it completely cool down.
- Now beat 3 eggs in a bowl. Mix the beaten eggs in the milk.
- Add vanilla essence and custard powder-milk mix. Mix very well.
- Now add mango pulp and mix carefully.
- Now pour this mixture in the tiffin box. Close the lid.
- Take a pressure cooker and place the tiffin box in the middle of it. Pour some water in the cooker till the middle of the box. Close the lid. Cook it on high till first whistle. Then lower down the heat and cook for another 15 minutes on low/medium heat.
- Remove from heat. Let the pressure release of its own.
- Take out the tiffin box from the cooker and let it cool down completely. Refrigerate for atleast 2 to 3 hours.
- Unmold on a serving plate. Garnish with chopped mango pieces and serve cold or in room temperature.