This is a Mango based drink very popular in Pune. Normally mango, milk and ice cream is blended together and then topped with more ice cream and dry fruits. But I like some bites in the drink, so I layer this drink with chopped mango, ice cream and the mango-milk-ice cream mix. You can make it as per your choice. I avoid using sugar as I always use ‘Himsagar’ mango. This is very sweet itself. If you wish you can use sugar. I prefer to use vanilla ice cream so that it gives a nice colour differentiation in the drink. Use mango of vanilla flavoured ice cream as per your choice. You can serve Mango Mastani as welcome drink or can serve it as dessert. I always serve as dessert as I keep the consistency thick.
Ingredients for serving 6:
- Mango – 3 (Big – I have used Himsagar)
- Vanilla / Mango Ice Cream – 750 ml
- Milk – 300 ml
- Sugar – According to taste (Optional)
- Cashew, Raisin and Glazed Cherry – For garnish
- Peel and cut the mangoes into small cubes.
- Now put half of the mangoes, milk, 3 scoops of ice cream in a blender. Blend it till smooth. If required add sugar. A avoid using as I use very sweet and ripe Himsagar variety of mango.
- Next arrange to serve. Take 6 serving glasses. Put chopped mangoes in the glass.
- Now put 1 scoop of ice cream in it.
- Next pour the blended mango-milk-ice cream mix on it.
- Top them with some more ice cream.
- Garnish with fry fruits and glazed cherry. Serve chilled.