I like to make different types of ‘parathas’ (Indian Fried Bread). Recently I prepared some Stuffed Paneer Paratha. These are very tasty and easy to make paratha. The goodness of this recipe is you need not to prepare anything as a side to his dish. Just serve with some pickle of your choice. I served with ‘Methi Aloo’. You can serve with ‘Sukha Aloo’ too. This paratha can be packed for lunch box of for picnic too. It remains soft after few hours of preparation. It is my Mom’s recipe. Maa used to pack this for my tiffin during my school days. It is healthy and tasty at the same time. Here goes the recipe …
- Maida or All Purpose Flour – 400 gms
- Oil – 3 Tbsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- For Stuffing:
- Paneer or Indian Cottage Cheese – 200 gms
- Kalojeera or Kalonji or Nigella Seeds – ½ tsp
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Sugar – ½ tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – ½ tsp
- Chopped Green Chilli – 2 tsp
- Chopped Coriander Leaf – 2 tsp
- Oil – 2 tsp + For shallow frying the paratha
- Take maida in bowl. Add in salt and oil. Mix very well. Now knead the dough adding a little water at a time. Leave for 10 minutes. Meanwhile prepare the stuffing.
- Grate the paneer with a grater or crumble it with your hand. Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan and temper the oil with nigella seeds.
- Add the crumbled paneer, sugar and salt. Keep the heat on low. Stir continuously.
- When oil starts to release from paneer add garam masala powder, chopped green chilli and coriander. Mix very well. Transfer it into a bowl. Let it cool completely.
- Knead the dough and divide the dough into 12-14 equal portions. Likewise divide the dough also.
- Roll one portion of dough between your palms. Roll it into a small disk applying a little oil.
- Now put one portion of stuffing on the rolled dough. Seal the stuffing with the dough from all sides. Press a little with your hand. Be careful of doing this process else the stuffing will come out after rolling out.
- Apply a little oil on the rolling board. Now roll the stuffed dough into a shape of roti or fulka.
- Heat a tava or skillet. Roast the rolled out paratha from both sides. Apply 1 tsp oil on each side and fry till crisp and golden in colour.
- Follow same process for other parathas too.