Every summer during the season of mango, I try to make something different with mango. Ofcourse it is a dessert. This year also I have tried some different recipes. The first one is Mango Kalakand. Those who are familiar with Indian sweets or fudge must aware that ‘Kalakand’ is a type of sweet made with paneer, condensed milk and khoya or evaporated milk, flavoured with green cardamom and topped with lots of dry fruits. I have made the ‘Kalakand’ adding mango pulp. I have used fresh mango pulp of ‘Himsagar’. You can use any other mango pulp or store bought mango pulp. But keep in mind that mango should be sweet in taste. ‘Mango Kalakand’ takes a little time to prepare, so be pataient while making this beautiful Indian fudge!
- Full Fat Milk – 1.5 L
- Yogurt – 200 gms
- Khoya or Evaporated Milk – ¼ cup
- Mango Pulp – 1 cup (200 ml or of 2 big mango)
- Sugar – 4 Tbsp
- Green Cardamom Powder – ¼ tsp
- Ghee – 1 tsp
- Chopped Pistachio – For garnishing
- In a large pot start boiling the milk. When it will reduced to 1/3 of it’s volume add Mango pulp. Stir continuously.
- Beat the yogurt and add in to the pan. You will notice that after a while the mix will start cuddling. Keep on stirring continuously. If required add more yogurt.
- Now add grated khoya, sugar and cardamom powder. Mix very well. And keep on stirring continuously else the mix will stick to the bottom.
- When the mix start to release from sides switch off the gas.
- Grease a tray or a plate with the ghee. Now pour the mix on it and flatten with the spatula. Let it cool completely.
- Cut in square or in diamond shape. Garnish with chopped pistachio.