‘Sukha Aloo’ or spicy dry potato is a preparation that I often cook when I want to cook anything in hurry. It is very easy and can be cooked in minutes. Only you have to make the dry masala powder. The aroma of roasted Bengal five spices with ‘aamchur powder’ (dry mango) makes it a lip smacking tasty dish.
Ingredients to serve 4
- Potato – 500 gms (Boiled)
- Asafetida – ¼ tsp
- Cumin Seeds – ½ tsp
- Panch Foran or Bengal Five Spice – 1 tsp
- Dry Whole Red Chilli – 1
- Turmeric Powder – ½ tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – ½ tsp
- Aamchur Powder – ¼ tsp
- Chaat Masala – ½ tsp
- Chopped Coriander – 4 Tbsp
- Chopped Green Chilli – 2 tsp
- Oil – 4 Tbsp
- Salt – To taste
- Cut the boiled potatoes into halves.
- Dry roast red chilli and ‘panch foran’ and grind it into coarse powder.
- Heat oil in a pan and temper the oil with cumin seeds and asafetida.
- Now add boiled potatoes and sprinkle salt. Sauté for another few minutes.
- Next add ginger paste, turmeric powder and red chilli powder. Mix again.
- Sauté on low fire till oil appears on sides.
- Next add the roasted masala powder and aamchur powder.
- Sprinkle some chaat masala powder and garnish with chopped green chilli and coriander.
- Serve with Makki Roti or any paratha.