We quite often prepare ‘Bandhakopir Pakora’ or cabbage fritter. Crispy fritters with cabbage and onion tastes awesome when served hot with cup of tea as evening snack. You can also serve this as sides with rice and ‘dal’ too. Usually I prepare this ‘pakora’ with fresh cabbage in winter. But yesterday I couldn’t resist myself but to prepare this fritter due to heavy rainfall in evening. Hope you like the recipe!
- Cabbage – 1 cup (Shredded)
- Besan or Gram Flour – 1 cup
- Baking Soda – 2 pinches
- Rice Flour – 2 Tbsp
- Onion – 1 (Finely chopped)
- Chopped Coriander – 4 Tbsp
- Red Chilli Powder – ½ tsp
- Chaat Masala – ½ tsp
- Ajwain or Carom Seeds – ½ tsp
- Kalonji or Nigella Seeds – ¼ tsp
- Cumin Seeds – ¼ tsp
- Salt – To taste
- Oil – For deep frying
- In a mixing bowl mix all ingredients except shredded cabbage to make a thick batter.
- Now add shredded cabbage in it. Mix well.
- Heat oil in a deep bottomed pan.
- Now take a little batter and drop in the hot oil forming round ball. Do not over crowd.
- Keep the heat on medium and fry the fritters till golden brown.
- Sprinkle some more chaat masala and serve with hot tea or coffee.