Every summer the mango drink that I prepare is Aam Panna or Aam Porar Shorbot. This is my grandmother’s recipe which I thoroughly follow. The sweet and sour taste or raw mango along with mint leaf gives a very refreshing flavor in the drink. And cumin, red chilli and black pepper gives sharpness in the flavor. Do try this refreshing cool drink in summer!
Ingredients to serve 5 to 6:
- Raw Mango – 2 (Big)
- Sugar – 6-8 tsp or according to sourness of mango
- Salt – To taste
- Rock Salt – ½ tsp
- Roasted Jeera n Red Chilli Powder – ½ tsp
- Black Pepper Powder – ¼ tsp (Optional)
- Mint Leaf – 4-5
- Wash the mangoes and wipe off water from the skin. Now make some cut marks on the skin.
- With the help of a tava or wire rack, roast the mangoes.
- When they turn soft and black mark appears on outer skin remove from fire. Keep in a bowl with the lid on. And let them rest till they become cool.
- After the mangoes get cooled, peal them. Squeeze the pulp from them and blend the pulp in a blender adding cold water, mint leaf, sugar, salt and rock salt. Check the sugar level. Add more sugar if required.
- Pour the juice in individual glasses. Add ice cube and sprinkle roasted cumin and black pepper powder on top. Serve immediately.