You must have aware of my love for ‘Bhaja – Bhuji’ (fried food)! The latest addition is ‘Mochar Chop’ or Banana Flower Croquet. I have already shared the recipe of ‘Mochar Chop’ before but that was Banana Flower Fritter and not Croquet. There is difference in the outer cover of it. This time I have coated it with bread crumb like ‘Macher Chop‘. This crispy outer over and soft and mildly sweet filling croquets surely going to be loved by all. Give a try next time when you are going to invite your vegetarian guests.
Ingredients to make 12-14 Croquets
- Banana Flower – 2 cups (Boiled and mashed)
- Grated Coconut – ½ cup
- Peanut – A handful (Roasted and crushed)
- Ginger Paste – 2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder – ½ tsp
- Roasted Cumin & Dry Red Chilli Powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – 1 tsp
- Green Chilli – 2 (Finely chopped)
- Salt – To taste
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Oil – 2 Tbsp + For deep frying
- Bread Crumb – As required for coating
- Flour – 2-3 Tbsp
- Boil the banana flower adding little salt and turmeric. They should be cooked but not mushy.
- Chop them and then lightly mash them.
- Heat oil in a pan and add ginger. Now add boiled banana flower and sauté for sometime. Take out in a big mixing bowl.
- Add all the ingredients except bread crumb and flour. If you find that the mixture is very soft and you cannot shape them, crumble a piece of bread and mix thoroughly. Or you can add couple of teaspoon of bread crumb too.
- Divide the mixture into 10 to 12 equal portion and give an elongated shape.
- Make a slurry adding a little water with the flour.
- In a large palate sprinkle some bread crumb. Roll the croquets on the bread crumb and let them till you fins coating them all.
- Now deep the croquets in the slurry and again coat them in bread crumb.
- Heat sufficient oil to deep fry the croquets. Carefully slide the croquets in oil and fry till they turn golden brown in colour.
- Serve them with tomato sauce, green salad and hot cup of tea.