This mixed vegetable dish is cooked quite often at my place especially during winter. This curry is very light in flavor and its smooth creamy texture is just perfect for to accompany Butter Naan, Kulcha or simple fulka. If you have family members who are fussy about having vegetables you can try his dish. Since milk, cream and mushroom is used it is nutritious and good for kids too. You can add or alter vegetables of your choice. But select those vegetables which are hard in texture after cooking and hold its shape. Else the body of the curry will go into toss.
Ingredients to serve 4
- Mixed Vegetables – 3 cups (Potato, Carrot, Beans, Cauliflower, Broccoli)
- Green Peas – A handful
- Button Mushroom – 1 cup (Sliced)
- Capsicum – ½ cup (Chopped)
- Onion – 1 Big (Chopped)
- Garlic – 2-3 pods (Chopped)
- Ginger – 1 tsp (Grated)
- Green Chilli – 3-4 (Slitted)
- Turmeric Powder – A little
- Coriander Powder – ½ tsp
- Cumin Powder – ½ tsp
- Milk – 1 cup
- Fresh Cream – ½ cup
- Garam Masala Powder – ¼ tsp
- Oil – 2-3 tsp
- Salt – To taste
- Sugar – ½ tsp (Optional)
- Chopped Coriander – A handful
- In a large pot boil water. Put all the vegetables and green peas. Cover and cook for 2 minutes. Drain water keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add chopped onion. Cook till they turns translucent.
- Add chopped garlic and grated ginger. Sauté raw smell goes off.
- Now add sliced mushroom and capsicum and stir for few minutes.
- Add all vegetables and salt. Sauté for another 3-4 minutes.
- Next add all the dry masala powder. Sauté again till raw smell of masala goes off.
- Add slit green chilli, sugar, a little water and 1 cup of milk. Cover and cook vegetables are done.
- Add fresh cream and garam masala powder. Remove from heat and rest for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and serve with Kulcha, Butter Naan or Fulka.