Pasta is one of such dish that is loved by all. I make pasta quite often and with variations … Sometimes simple vegetable no cheese pasta, sometimes with vegetables and cheese, sometimes with chicken and sometimes with only cheese… depending on availability of ingredients in my pantry and my mood! Today’s recipe Pasta with Veggies and Cheese is a wholesome dish that is ideal for any Brunch or for your kid’s lunch box. Do try this recipe. I’m sure you are going to love it!
Ingredients to serve 4
- Pasta (Any shape) – 100 gms
- Chopped Vegetables – 2 Cups (Carrot, Beans, Broccoli)
- Capsicum – ½ cup
- Onion – 1 (Big – chopped)
- Button Mushroom – 8 (Sliced)
- Milk – ¼ cup
- Cheese – ½ cup
- Pepper Powder – 1 tsp
- Oil – 4 tsp
- Butter – 2 tsp
- Mixed Herb – ½ tsp
- Salt – To taste
- Cut all the vegetables in same size. Chop onion. Slice mushroom.
- Boil water in a large pot. Add a little salt. Put in the pasta. Cook till they are almost done. Transfer them in a colander and wash under cold water. Sprinkle a little oil and toss well. This process will help the pasta from sticking to each other.
- Blanch carrot, beans and broccoli for 5 minutes. Strain and keep aside.
- In a large kadai or wok heat oil. Add onion and fry till translucent.
- Add sliced mushrooms. Fry till oil separates.
- Now add the vegetables and toss very well.
- Add black pepper, milk, butter, mixed herb and boiled pasta.
- Adjust salt. Add half of the grated cheese. If you wish you can add chilli flex too. Give a final mix.
- Transfer to a serving plate and garnish with rest of the cheese.