When you want o cook any one pot meal Baked Broccoli in white sauce with Macaroni is a very good idea to cut short any cooking process. This one pot meal is a complete vegan option that is healthy and same time very tasty. Will share a non vegetarian version of the same very soon.
Ingredients to serve 5-6
- Macaroni – 50 gms
- Broccoli – 1 cup (Cut into bite size florets)
- Button Mushroom – 8-10
- Cheese – ½ cup (Grated)
- Onion – 1 (Chopped)
- Garlic – 5-6 pods (Chopped)
- Milk – ½ cup
- Flour – 2 tsp
- Butter – 3 tsp
- Oil – 4 Tbsp
- Black Pepper Powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – To taste
- Boil water in a large pot adding some salt. Add macaroni and let them cook for some time. Drain the excess water and wash the macaroni under cold water. Drizzle 1 tsp oil on cooked macaroni. Toss well and keep aside. The oil will prevent the macaroni from sticking to each other.
- Heat oil in a pan and put chopped garlic. Sauté well. Now add chopped onion and cook till it turns translucent.
- Add chopped mushroom and cook till they turn soft.
- Next add broccoli and toss well. Add salt and half of the pepper powder. Add the cooked pasta. Remove from heat and keep aside.
- Take another pan and heat butter. Add flour and cook till flour turns a little brown. Add milk and mix very well. Add rest of the black pepper powder and salt. Now add ¾ of the cheese. Mix very well. This is our creamy white sauce.
- Add half of the white sauce to the cooked macaroni and broccoli. Mix very well.
- Take a oven proof baking dish and transfer the whole cooked thing in it.
- Now pour rest of the white sauce on it. Sprinkle the cheese on it.
- Preheat the oven at 180 C. Bake it for 10-15 minutes or till the top becomes a little brown here and there.