‘Borboti’ or snake beans one of such vegetable that I do not like t cook or eat. But both my parents love it. So when I cook I try to cook it different way every time. This snake beans stir fry goes very well with roti or paratha. Even you can serve this as sides with steamed rice and ‘dal’. Adding sesame seeds gives very nice nutty and crunchy flavor as well as texture to the dish. It tastes best if cooked and served fresh and hot!
Ingredients to serve 4
- Borboti or Snake Beans – 3 Cups (Cut into 2” long pieces)
- Potato – 1 Big (Cut into thick strips)
- Cumin Seeds – ½ tsp
- Dry Whole Red Chilli – 2
- Turmeric Powder – ½ tsp
- Sesame Seeds – 3-4 tsp
- Mustard Oil – 4 Tbsp
- Salt – To Taste
- Heat oil in a kadai. Temper the oil with cumin seeds and dry whole chilli.
- When cunin starts to crackle add potato. Sprinkle turmeric powder and little salt. Mix very well. Cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Now add snake beans. Mix very well. Adjust salt.
- Sprinkle half of the sesame seeds and let it cook.
- Remove cover. Check if both snake beans and potato are done.
- Sprinkle rest of the sesame seeds. Serve hot with roti or paratha.