One of my favourite desserts is Pudding or Flan. I have learned it from my Mom and follow the measurement that she uses to make this Pudding or Caramel Custard or Flan. Whatever you wish to name it! Today I’ll be sharing a little variation of it. I have made a Orange Flan. Here I have used fresh orange juice but you can use the canned one too. Adjust the sugar according to your preference. Good part of this pudding is, it can be cooked very easily and within 15-20 minutes. All you need a pressure cooker and a stainless still tiffin box. Wasting no more time do try this recipe this weekend!
Ingredients for making pudding:
- Full Fat Milk – 500 ml
- Orange Juice – Of 1 orange
- Sugar – 5 Tbsp or acc to taste
- Egg – 2 nos
- Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
- Custard Powder – 1 tsp (Optional)
- For Caramel:
- Sugar – 3-4 tsp
- Butter / Ghee – 1 tsp
- Take a 6” stainless still round tiffin box. Grease with butter or ghee. Sprinkle sugar and start heating the container. Keep the heat on medium. When sugar starts to caramelise switch off the gas and keep the tiffin box aside. Remember that the box is very hot!
- In a small bowl mix the custard powder with a little milk. Keep aside.
- In a pan start heating rest of the milk. Reduce it to ½ of its volume.
- Add sugar and mix till sugar gets dissolved. Let it completely cool down.
- Now beat 2 eggs in a bowl. Mix the beaten eggs in the milk.
- Add vanilla essence and custard powder-milk mix. Mix very well.
- Now add orange juice. Give a final mix.
- Now pour this mixture in the tiffin box. Close the lid.
- Take a pressure cooker and place the tiffin box in the middle of it. Pour some water in the cooker till the middle of the box. Close the lid. Cook it on high till first whistle. Then lower down the heat and cook for another 10-12 minutes on low heat.
- Remove from heat. Let the pressure release of its own.
- Take out the tiffin box from the cooker and let it cool down completely. Refrigerate for atleast 2 to 3 hours.
- Unmold on a serving plate and serve cold or in room temperature.