Since I started making Naan, I prefer to make at home as home cooked foods are always good. The types of Naans that I have shared are all no Yeast and can be cooked on stove top. These are very easy to make and tastes awesome. You can check other Naan recipes too like Butter Naan, Whole Wheat Garlic Naan, Kasuri Methi Naan etc. These are very soft and do not need much preparation too. Do try these yummy Naan recipes at home…
Ingredients to make 6 – 7 naan:
- All Purpose Flour – 1cup
- Whole Wheat Flour – 1 cup
- Yogurt – ¾ cup
- Milk – ¼ cup or as required
- Baking Powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – ¾ tsp
- Oil – 3-4 Tbsp
- White Sesame Seeds – 5-6 tsp
- Black Sesame Seeds – 5-6 tsp
- All Purpose Flour – For Rolling
- Amul Butter – For serving
- In a bowl mix in both the flours with baking powder. Sieve the flour mix in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle salt and mix well.
- Beat the yogurt. Add oil, yogurt to the flour mixture and knead it, use milk or water as required and make smooth, soft, and little bit sticky dough. Apply few drops of oil on the dough, cover it with a moist cloth and keep aside for 1 hour.
- Take the dough, knead it again with a light hand and divide it into 6-7 small sized balls, cover the balls with moist cloth.
- Heat a griddle/tava on medium flame, take one dough ball, dust it with flour, roll it and make round or slightly elongated shape.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds over the surface of disk and roll again like a shape of a roti.
- Turn upside down of the rolled circle. Apply a little water on it so that it can be easily stuck on to the tawa.
- Place the moist side on the preheated tawa. After few seconds you will notice bubbles are coming out on naan surface, cook it for 1-2 minutes in low heat.
- Then turn the tawa on upside down on the flame or with a help of a tong place the naan upside down on the tawa. In this way the naan will be cooked from both the sides. Always keep the flame on low to medium heat.
- Now keep the naan in a hot pot applying melted butter or serve it immediately with applying butter.
- Repeat same process making naan from rest of the dough balls.
~ If you are in hurry rest the dough atleast for 30 minutes, but for best result rest for longer time.
~ I used milk for kneading the dough. You can use only water or combination of water and milk according to your choice.