Ingredients to serve 4
- Green tomato – 3-4 (Cut into wedges)
- Boiled Potato – 2 (Cut into big pieces)
- Green Peas – ¼ cup
- Cumin Seed – ½ tsp
- Ginger Paste – 2 tsp
- Onion – 1 (Big-thinly sliced)
- Cumin Powder – ½ tsp
- Coriander Powder – ¾ tsp
- Turmeric Powder – ¼ tsp
- Red Chilli Powder – ½ tsp
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Salt – To taste
- Oil – 2-3 Tbsp
- Kasuri Methi or Dry Fenugreek – ½ tsp
- Chopped Coriander – For garnish
- Ghee – 1 tsp
- Heat oil in a pan or kadai. Temper the oil with cumin seeds and green chillis.
- Add chopped onion and fry till it turns translucent. Next add ginger paste and fry till oil separates.
- Add all dry spices and kasuri methi. Sprinkle a little water and sauté well.
- Next add green tomato pieces and green peas. Mix well.
- Add sugar and adjust salt.
- Next add boiled potato pieces and give it a final mix.
- Add water just to cover all the vegetables. Cook till tomatoes are done but not mushy.
- Drizzle some ghee or fresh cream from top.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and serve with naan or roti.