Ingredients to make 10 Puffs:
For making the dough:
- Flour – 250 gms
- Butter – 100 gms
- Baking Powder – ½ tsp
- Egg – 1 + 1 (for egg-wash)
- Lemon Juice – 1 tsp
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Cold water – For kneading the dough
- Minced Chicken – 200 gms
- Onion – 1 (Big – chopped)
- Capsicum – 2-3 Tbsp (Chopped)
- Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
- Ginger Paste – 1 tsp
- Black Pepper Powder – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – ¼ tsp
- Oil – 2 Tbsp
- Salt – To taste
- Heat oil in a pan. Add chopped onion. Fry till they turn translucent.
- Add ginger and garlic paste. Fry till the raw smell goes off.
- Now add minced chicken, salt and pepper and cook till chicken is cooked through.
- Add chopped capsicum and cook till all the water dries up. Keep this aside.
- In a large mixing bowl mix in flour, baking powder and salt.
- Now add butter. Mix very well with the flour, till it turns into crumb like texture.
- Break 1 egg in it and start kneading.
- Now add cold water and lemon juice in it and knead into tight dough. Cover and keep in the refrigerator for atleast 30 minutes.
- Take a small lemon size ball from the dough and roll with a rolling pin. Now place it in the baking moulds. Press evenly with your fingers. Cut the excess amount of dough.
- With the help of a knife put some mark on the dough. Fill it with the chicken filling.
- Now take rolled dough of same size and cover it. Cut the excess amount of dough. Press with your finger.
- Do this with the rest of the dough.
- Beat 1 egg and apply the egg-wash with a brush on all the molds.
- Preheat the oven at 200 C. Bake for 20-25 at 180 C or till the puffs turn golden.
- Serve hot with coffee or tea.